Close Menu
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Companies
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • More
    • Opinion
    • Climate
    • Web Stories
    • Spotlight
    • Press Release
What's On

NYT Connections Answers Explained For Tuesday, August 18

August 17, 2026

Purely Elizabeth Founder Sells To Ferrero For $800 Million: “Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway”

August 17, 2026

Nvidia provides $105B in financing toward OpenAI’s massive Ohio data center

August 17, 2026

NYT Connections Hints, Answers For Tuesday, August 18

August 17, 2026

Actress Was Found In Cardiac Arrest, Coroner Says

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
Demo
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Companies
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • More
    • Opinion
    • Climate
    • Web Stories
    • Spotlight
    • Press Release
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
Home » Trump’s Name Was Removed From Kennedy Center, Official Says

Trump’s Name Was Removed From Kennedy Center, Official Says

By News RoomJune 13, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram Reddit Email Tumblr
Trump’s Name Was Removed From Kennedy Center, Official Says
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Topline

President Donald Trump’s name was removed from the John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, according to a filing from a Kennedy Center official, who informed a judge of the removal.

Key Facts

A filing from Kennedy Center executive director Chris Matthew Flocka said the organization “removed all physical signage on the Kennedy Center building and grounds, including the front portico, that purports to rename the Kennedy Center after President Trump or any other individual besides President Kennedy.”

Scaffolding and tarp obscured the view of the building’s facade Saturday, meaning the removal of Trump’s name will likely not be visible to viewers until the deconstruction is complete.

The Kennedy Center’s board of trustees, many of whom are Trump allies, unsuccessfully appealed the court order that demanded the president’s name be removed from the Kennedy Center’s facade.

Federal Judge Christopher Cooper set a Friday deadline for the removal, though Trump’s name appeared to still be on the building early Saturday morning before the tarp was placed.

Key Background

Trump added his name to the Kennedy Center in December, changing the signage to “The Donald J. Trump and The John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts” and targeting the institution’s alleged “woke” programming. The center’s board, which was installed early last year with Trump allies including White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles, Deputy Chief of Staff Dan Scavino and Fox News host Laura Ingraham, unanimously approved the name change. Rep. Joyce Beatty, D-Ohio, filed a lawsuit against the name change and won the challenge in late May, when Cooper ruled the change could not be done without congressional approval. The ruling also temporarily blocked renovations scheduled for the building. Cooper gave a two-week deadline for the name change to take place and said in a filing the Kennedy Center’s “organic statute makes crystal clear that the Center is to be named for President Kennedy, and it cannot bear any other formal name or public memorial based on the Board’s unilateral say-so.”

Further Reading

Kennedy Center Board Fights Court Order To Remove Trump’s Name (Forbes)

Judge Blocks Kennedy Center Bid To Keep Trump’s Name — As Construction Crews Prepare To Take It Down (Forbes)

center D.C. Kennedy politics remove rename Trump
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related News

Purely Elizabeth Founder Sells To Ferrero For $800 Million: “Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway”

August 17, 2026

Actress Was Found In Cardiac Arrest, Coroner Says

August 17, 2026

Connor Zilisch Gets NASCAR’s Golden Ticket To Hendrick’s No. 48

August 17, 2026

Here’s Why Mark Walter May Have Sold The Lakers

August 17, 2026

Bruno Mars Ties One Of The Top R&B Artists Of All Time

August 17, 2026

HBO Max’s ‘Lanterns’ Spans 30 Years Of Hal Jordan And John Stewart’s Lives

August 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Don't Miss

Purely Elizabeth Founder Sells To Ferrero For $800 Million: “Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway”

News August 17, 2026

Seventeen years ago, Elizabeth Stein started making muffin mix in her Upper West Side Manhattan…

Nvidia provides $105B in financing toward OpenAI’s massive Ohio data center

August 17, 2026

NYT Connections Hints, Answers For Tuesday, August 18

August 17, 2026

Actress Was Found In Cardiac Arrest, Coroner Says

August 17, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Our Picks

Hollywood cuts first-ever AI copyright deal with TikTok’s ByteDance

August 17, 2026

Emerging Technologies For Tackling Social And Environmental Challenges

August 17, 2026

Connor Zilisch Gets NASCAR’s Golden Ticket To Hendrick’s No. 48

August 17, 2026

CEO moved headquarters to Texas, cites California’s costs

August 17, 2026
The Financial News 247
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact us
© 2026 The Financial 247. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.