If you’re like me you have probably not seen all that many advanced schematics for gear as you play Palworld, but that’s because if you really want them, you’re going to have to farm them in specific locations.
As it turns out, you aren’t going to just get these through random dungeon chests. There are some without fixed locations, but at least 17 that do indeed have fixed locations in Palworld and Alpha Pals you need to capture, kill, catch or butcher in order to find the highest level schematic for pieces of gear.
Here are the 17 we know for sure, with the item and Pal you need. The best way to get these are to capture the Pal, then butcher the Pal, as you get twice the chances of getting the schematic that way. But for the highest end Pals, that’s obviously a tough sell. I mean, who wants to butcher a Jetragon? But here we are:
- Old Bow – Kingpaca, Open World
- Cloth Outfit – Chillet, Open World
- Penking – Feathered Hair Band, Sealed Realm of the Frozen Wings
- Pelt Armor – Azurobe, Open World
- Crossbow – Bushi, Sealed Realm of the Swordmaster
- Metal Armor – Elizabee, Devout’s Mineshaft
- Metal Helm – Warsect, Sealed Realm of the Stalwart
- Handgun – Beacon, Open World
- Refined Metal Helm – Menasting, Desiccated Mineshaft
- Heat-Resistant Refined Metal Armor – Astegon – Destroyed Mineshaft
- Cold-Resistant Refined Metal Armor – Lyleen Noct, Iceberg Mineshaft
- Pump-Action Shotgun – Suzaku, Open World
- Assault Rifle – Blazamut, Scorching Mineshaft
- Pal Metal Helmet – Frostallion, Open World
- Heat-Resistant Pal Metal Armor – Necromus, Open World
- Rocket Launcher – Jetragon, Open World
- Cold-Resistant Pal Metal Armor – Paladius, Open World
The higher quality versions of these pieces of gear will obviously cost a significant amount of resources, so it’s not just farming the schematics, you’ll have to do a bunch of farming for the materials for the upgraded versions as well.
This is yet another endgame pursuit in Palworld I honestly didn’t even realize existed, as I figured these were random dungeon, boss or chest drops, but I didn’t know you could target farm them until recently. One kind of weird aspect to this is that by the time you farm enough to get one of the things here, you might have outclassed it and move on to the next tier of armor or whatever. But once you get to the guns at least, I think many of those are still going to be useful throughout the hole game. For instance, I’ve been using the Pistol in my loadout constantly for 15+ levels now.
Anyway, happy hunting. Good luck butchering those bosses.
Follow me on Twitter, Threads, YouTube, and Instagram.
Pick up my sci-fi novels the Herokiller series and The Earthborn Trilogy.