Close Menu
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Companies
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • More
    • Opinion
    • Climate
    • Web Stories
    • Spotlight
    • Press Release
What's On

Fleetwood Mac Hits A Milestone As Americans Continue To Stream The Band Non-Stop

August 23, 2026

What Is AI Compute? The $500 Billion Bet On Aging Hardware

August 23, 2026

How Will The Phillies Use Nestor Cortes When He Gets To Philly?

August 23, 2026

Inside Josh Kushner’s $17 Billion Fortune: The Lakers, OpenAI, SpaceX

August 23, 2026

Beyoncé’s New Single Brings Her To Career Milestones On Multiple Charts

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
Demo
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Companies
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • More
    • Opinion
    • Climate
    • Web Stories
    • Spotlight
    • Press Release
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
Home » ’60 Minutes’ turmoil as Henry Schuster quits under Bari Weiss

’60 Minutes’ turmoil as Henry Schuster quits under Bari Weiss

By News RoomJune 30, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram Reddit Email Tumblr
’60 Minutes’ turmoil as Henry Schuster quits under Bari Weiss
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The exodus from “60 Minutes” continued this week as veteran producer Henry Schuster announced he is leaving CBS News after nearly two decades, becoming the latest prominent figure to depart the news magazine under editor-in-chief Bari Weiss.

Unlike many of the recent exits that have rocked “60 Minutes,” however, Schuster’s departure was not tied to the sweeping overhaul of the program.

He informed then-executive producer Tanya Simon in February that he was ready to move on — months before the wave of firings that transformed the broadcast, according to the Guardian newspaper.

Henry Schuster is leaving “60 Minutes” after spending more than two decades at CBS News.

In a farewell message to colleagues reviewed by the publication, Schuster wrote that Simon asked only that he remain through the end of the season.

“When I went to Tanya [Simon] in February, I told her I was ready to go, that I needed a break,” Schuster wrote.

“She could not have been more helpful, only asking if I would stay through the end of the season.”

Schuster acknowledged that his Monday departure was eclipsed by the recent events at the broadcast.

“It has been overshadowed by the forced departures of so many colleagues and friends at the broadcast,” Schuster said in a LinkedIn post announcing his exit.

The longtime producer also paid tribute to fired correspondent Scott Pelley, writing that “I wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t sought me out” from CNN. He credited Pelley for many of his most memorable assignments over the years.

While Schuster’s exit was long planned, it adds another familiar name to the growing list of departures from one of television’s most prestigious news programs.

Schuster’s exit was planned before CBS News editor-in-chief Bari Weiss made sweeping changes at “60 Minutes.”
Schuster first discussed his eventual departure with then-“60 Minutes” executive producer Tanya Simon.

The upheaval began prior to Weiss’ arrival as editor-in-chief last year, when longtime executive producer Bill Owens resigned, blaming what he called growing corporate involvement that had stripped him of editorial independence.

After Paramount Skydance installed Weiss to lead CBS News, the network dismissed Owens’ successor, Simon, along with correspondents Sharyn Alfonsi and Cecilia Vega, senior executive producer Draggan Mihailovich, veteran producer Guy Campanile and digital operations chief Matthew Polevoy.

The shakeup culminated in the firing of Pelley after he confronted newly installed executive producer Nick Bilton during a staff meeting, accusing Weiss of “murdering” “60 Minutes” and saying she had been “brought in to kill it.”

Anderson Cooper also departed “60 Minutes” earlier this year after nearly two decades with the program, while remaining at CNN.

Schuster, the longtime producer, paid tribute to fired correspondent Scott Pelley.
Cecilia Vega, the former “60 Minutes” correspondent, was among those let go by Weiss.

Although Cooper publicly said he wanted to focus on his family and his work at CNN, multiple reports indicated he was uncomfortable with the direction of CBS News under Weiss.

The remaining “60 Minutes” correspondents — Lesley Stahl, Bill Whitaker and Jon Wertheim — decided to stay after publicly wrestling with whether to leave.

In a joint memo to colleagues, they said they feared their return would be viewed as an endorsement of management, insisting that was “simply, categorically not the case,” explaining that they remained because they did not “want to see ‘60 Minutes’ die.”

CBS News did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

60 minutes Business CBS cbs news Media
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related News

Buc-ee’s chain draws outcry in Ohio after suing mini-mart over beaver logo

August 23, 2026

Apple cutting hundreds more jobs in shift toward AI

August 22, 2026

Randy Mastro goes to war against Mamdani amid the pied-à-terre tax rollout

August 22, 2026

Red Lobster bringing back ‘Endless Shrimp’ deal, again

August 22, 2026

The simple fixes conservatives say could make life cheaper for Americans

August 22, 2026

Napa Valley vineyard ravaged by 2020 Glass Fire gets new owners

August 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Don't Miss

What Is AI Compute? The $500 Billion Bet On Aging Hardware

Tech August 23, 2026

AI compute is set to become the most expensive noun in business history. Here is…

How Will The Phillies Use Nestor Cortes When He Gets To Philly?

August 23, 2026

Inside Josh Kushner’s $17 Billion Fortune: The Lakers, OpenAI, SpaceX

August 23, 2026

Beyoncé’s New Single Brings Her To Career Milestones On Multiple Charts

August 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Our Picks

Are We All Living In ‘The Last House’? Eco Movies Now Teach Survival

August 23, 2026

Cubs Cut Veteran Dansby Swanson Replacement After Just 1 Inning

August 23, 2026

iPhone 18 Pro Latest Release Schedule: What To Expect When

August 23, 2026

Blue Jays’ Max Scherzer Sends 3-Word Cam Schlitter Message After Yankees Delay

August 23, 2026
The Financial News 247
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact us
© 2026 The Financial 247. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.