Close Menu
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Companies
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • More
    • Opinion
    • Climate
    • Web Stories
    • Spotlight
    • Press Release
What's On

The simple fixes conservatives say could make life cheaper for Americans

August 22, 2026

Ferryman Creators Hope To Beat Emmy Odds With Uncanny Alley A New Day

August 22, 2026

Napa Valley vineyard ravaged by 2020 Glass Fire gets new owners

August 22, 2026

Sunday, August 23 Clues And Answers

August 22, 2026

Paramount hits back at actor Mark Ruffalo over unhinged, ‘antisemitic’ rant against Warner Bros merger

August 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
Demo
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Companies
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • More
    • Opinion
    • Climate
    • Web Stories
    • Spotlight
    • Press Release
The Financial News 247The Financial News 247
Home » Trump admin open to talks with Anthropic over foreigner ban

Trump admin open to talks with Anthropic over foreigner ban

By News RoomJune 16, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram Reddit Email Tumblr
Trump admin open to talks with Anthropic over foreigner ban
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

ÉVIAN-LES-BAINS, France: The Trump administration is open to negotiating with Anthropic over its order barring foreigners from the company’s most powerful artificial intelligence models, The Post has learned.

A senior White House official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive internal deliberations, suggested a resolution could be worked out directly with the AI giant’s CEO, Dario Amodei.

President Trump attends a bilateral meeting with the Emir of Qatar, Sheik Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, on the sidelines of the G7 summit, in Evian-les-Bains, France, on June 16, 2026.

“We can’t have frontier models running amok,” the source briefed on the matter said. 

“It’s all about working things through with Dario.”

The remark is the first indication the administration may view last week’s export-control directive — which forced Anthropic to disable its Fable 5 and Mythos 5 models worldwide — as a starting point for talks rather than a permanent restriction.

The controversy between the AI giant and the Trump administration erupted last week when Anthropic said that the Commerce Department ordered it to block access for foreign nationals over national security concerns.

The company disabled Fable 5 and Mythos 5 globally because it could not restrict the models to users only in the US. 

CEO of Anthropic Dario Amodei addresses the gathering at the AI Impact Summit in New Delhi, India, on Feb. 19, 2026.

The US then rebuffed a demand from UK Minister Keir Starmer to seek an exemption for British nationals and companies, the Telegraph reported Monday.

Officials want to focus on forcing Anthropic to make changes to their most advanced models to ensure the technology is safe for all users worldwide. 

Anthropic said the government cited a potential “jailbreak” that could let the models identify software vulnerabilities. Officials provided only verbal evidence of a narrow issue, according to the company.

Anthropic rejected the broad action. “We disagree that the finding of a narrow potential jailbreak should be cause for recalling a commercial model deployed to hundreds of millions of people,” the company said in a statement after the measures were slapped on its top-level models.

The Trump administration is open to negotiating with Anthropic over its order barring foreigners from the company’s most powerful artificial intelligence models, The Post has learned.

It called the move a likely misunderstanding and said it is working to restore access.

The shutdown came days after Anthropic released Fable 5, its latest high-capability model. 

The company had coordinated with the government on safety measures ahead of the launch.

Tensions between Anthropic and the Trump administration have simmered for months. 

Earlier this year, the government placed the company on a supply chain blacklist after Anthropic refused to let the US military use its models for domestic surveillance and autonomous weapons.

Anthropic has warned that similar restrictions, if applied across the industry, would effectively stop new frontier model releases from every major AI developer. Other Anthropic models remain available.

The Post has approached a White House spokesperson and Anthropic for comment.

Anthropic artificial intelligence Business donald trump exclusive politics
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related News

The simple fixes conservatives say could make life cheaper for Americans

August 22, 2026

Napa Valley vineyard ravaged by 2020 Glass Fire gets new owners

August 22, 2026

Paramount hits back at actor Mark Ruffalo over unhinged, ‘antisemitic’ rant against Warner Bros merger

August 22, 2026

Stone Brewing to leave SoCal while laying off hundreds of workers

August 22, 2026

Dave Portnoy backs Pizza Hut rebrand as ‘brilliant move’ — then makes his pitch

August 22, 2026

Tesla feature at center of nearly 3 million-vehicle recall

August 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Don't Miss

Ferryman Creators Hope To Beat Emmy Odds With Uncanny Alley A New Day

News August 22, 2026

Among the most intriguing corners of the TV Academy’s many, many Emmy categories now being…

Napa Valley vineyard ravaged by 2020 Glass Fire gets new owners

August 22, 2026

Sunday, August 23 Clues And Answers

August 22, 2026

Paramount hits back at actor Mark Ruffalo over unhinged, ‘antisemitic’ rant against Warner Bros merger

August 22, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Our Picks

This Rare Walking Shark Hardly Ever Leaves Home, New Study Finds

August 22, 2026

Stone Brewing to leave SoCal while laying off hundreds of workers

August 22, 2026

Netflix’s New Nordic Murder Show Nabs A Solid Rotten Tomatoes Score

August 22, 2026

Dave Portnoy backs Pizza Hut rebrand as ‘brilliant move’ — then makes his pitch

August 22, 2026
The Financial News 247
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact us
© 2026 The Financial 247. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.